Learn How to Plan, Launch and Grow a Successful Podcast.
"Excellent! Super practical, easy to follow and encouraging. Thank you!"
- Stephanie Irwin, host of Fashion Originators podcast -
About This Bootcamp
Ever thought about launching your own podcast?
But not sure where to start?
Podcasting is one of the most effective ways to build an audience online and grow your business. According to Edison Research, it is the fastest growing media channel.
Podcasting is also an excellent excuse to connect with some of the world’s most interesting people. How else would you get the chance to have in depth conversations with best-selling authors, entrepreneurs, TV personalities, athletes or adventurers?
But the process for getting started can feel daunting.
What equipment and software should you use? How do you land interviews with big name guests? How do you get your show loaded into iTunes? And even after your show goes live, how do you promote it so that people actually listen to it?
Luckily, this one-day intensive course led by one of London’s leading podcast hosts, will cover the simple steps to properly planning, launching and growing a successful podcast.
"Highlight of my day so far has to be experiencing my first podcast coaching session with Mark. Such a concise session with lots of quality advice, thanks brother!"
Celebrity Movement Expert & Author of "Worrier to Warrior"
"I cannot even begin to tell you what an AMAZING day I've had on Mark's Podcasting Bootcamp. Get your hands on this man's wisdom and genius any way you can."
Self-Love Coach and Founder of Project Glow
"Absolutely brilliant. I highly recommend Mark's Podcasting Bootcamp for anyone who wishes to start, build, grow, develop and understand the world of podcasting!"
Executive Producer at Red Kimono Entertainment
You'll learn how to:
- Choose the best recording equipment, editing software and hosting platform for your budget
- Land interviews with thought leaders, bestselling authors, and influencers in your field
- Prepare so that you have captivating and memorable conversations with guests
- Edit your interviews to produce high quality and professional sounding audio
- Develop an effective launch strategy
- Crack the itunes algorithm to improve your ranking and get more downloads and subscribers
Additionally, you’ll get insider knowledge on creative, field-tested marketing strategies for growing your podcast, so that once you’re live, you can start to build an audience of raving fans.
By attending, you’ll save yourself months of trial, error, and frustration, and you’ll leave with a clear strategy for publishing your first three episodes.
Who is it for?
You might be a marketing professional or an entrepreneur interested in podcasting to grow your business, or you might simply want to share your message with the world.
WARNING: Although you do not need any technical expertise or previous experience in podcasting to attend, guests are expected to actually take action on this course.
Afterward, you’ll be assigned a mastermind group with fellow attendees who will provide support, keep you on track and ensure you follow through on your first three episodes.
Please do not attend if you are not willing to commit to this.
Does it work?
If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and take action, absolutely! In fact, previous graduates have gone off to start their own successful podcasts (e.g. Time 4 a Pint, Dad Like Me, Thought Starters, How Did I Get Here?, Fashion Originators, etc.).
This full-day bootcamp was created as a direct result of working with 80+ budding podcasters over the last 12 months, who've expressed a clear desire for a full-day immersive experience:
- "I literally came as a beginner, I now feel so motivated and inspired. Thanks Mark!" Arzu Ozel
- "Super intersting overview and very actionable advice! Huge thanks!" Johnny Miller
- "This seminar was so helpful and such a confidence booster. Thank you!" Lottie Clarke
In a nutshell
- Date: Saturday 17th November 2018
- Time: 9.30am-5pm
- Location: Central London
- Ticket: £127-£349
About the Instructor
Mark Leruste’s journey towards his dream career started when his video CV "A Dream Job Would Be Nice" went viral on YouTube and helped him land a position as country manager at the Movember Foundation. There, Mark raised €2.8 million for men’s health and inspired 110,000 fundraisers to sign up, winning multiple awards along the way. Four years into the job, Mark couldn’t ignore his entrepreneurial itch anymore and took the plunge to found The Unconventionalists, a weekly podcast and coaching and training business, helping organisations and individuals find their voice, amplify their message and scale their impact.
His podcast The Unconventionalists is a weekly show about the ups and downs of the entrepreneurial journey featuring guests such as Chris Guillebeau, Noah Kagan, Sarah Knight, JP Sears, Rebecca Tracey, Daniel Priestley or the founders of TheMinimalists.com.
Programme for the Day
- Module I – Plan: In this module we will create the foundation of your podcast to give you the best chance to succeed. I.e. clarifying your WHAT, WHO and WHY.
- Module 2 – Record: In this module we will cover a selection of practical gear and software that you need to get started to record, no matter your budget.
- Module 3 – Edit: In this module we will demystify one of the scariest aspects of launching a podcast by doing a live demo of editing an episode.
- Module 4 – Launch: In this module we will dive into one of the most overlooked aspect of starting a podcast; creating an effective launch strategy.
- Module 5 - Distribute: In this module we will explore unconventional marketing tactics to help you grow your reach and build an audience of raving fans
- Q&A session
Prerequisites & Preparation
- This workshop is for beginners who have not yet launched their podcast
- You do not need to have any technical expertise or previous experience as a podcaster to join this crash course
- Please bring a laptop, and note-taking materials as neither will be provided on the day
- A general plan for your show already in mind (e.g. do you want to host the show on your own? With a co-host? Do you want to have guests? etc.). It does not need to be definitive, but it will help to have a rough idea of what you would like your show to be about
- Subscribe to The Unconventionalists podcast and listen to episode #55: