Learn how to create a personal brand that authentically communicates who you are and grows your business.
"A really clear, helpful and practical guide to identifying your personal brand and how to harness social media to amplify and authentically share that personal brand."
- Alex Findlay, Freelance copywriter & Founder of AlexWrites -
About This Bootcamp
Those in the helping professions face a difficult challenge.
Whether you’re a therapist, psychiatrist, counsellor, or coach, you must balance doing what you were trained to do – improving the quality of life of your clients – with running and growing a practice.
But getting new clients in today’s crowded marketplace can be hard.
Worst still, there’s always the danger of ‘over-promoting’ yourself and coming across as pushy and desperate.
If you’ve found yourself dealing with any of the following issues:
- You’ve tried to grow your practice but aren’t attracting as many new clients as you’d like
- You’ve tried different advertising vehicles, but none have provided a good ROI
- You’re hesitant to do marketing because you don’t want to come across as self-righteous or arrogant
Then this personal branding course, designed specifically for helping professionals, might offer a solution.
We live in a world where your online reputation can be your strongest asset or biggest liability. According to Edelman Research, 65% of internet users see online search as the most trusted source of information about people and companies. Indeed, even when consumers have a referral, they start their buying process online.
So what kind of first impression do you want to make?
A terrific online presence lends credibility and gets customers excited, while a bad or irrelevant online presence turns customers away.
But where to get started? What channels should you focus on? How do you figure out who your target audience is? And how do you connect with mentors and influencers who can help you grow?
This one-day workshop from TEDx Speaker, Award winning Virgin Startup Mentor and leading podcast host – Mark Leruste, guides you through the essential steps to creating a unique personal brand (without selling out) and standing out from the competition.
"If social media or personal branding in general makes you cringe or feels like a foreign concept, this crash course is for you!"
Project Lead, Cancer Research UK
"A fresh, engaging look at the power of social media to create your own personal brand and make it work for you."
Founder of Legal Times
"I loved Mark's enthusiasm and humour! This is a great refresher course in social media and how you can use it to build your personal brand."
Strategic Partnership, Startup Direct
- How to create a personal brand vision and mission statement
- How to define your target audience
- How to develop a clear social media strategy that’s right for you and grows your online following
- Authenticity, why it’s crucial and how to communicate it
- How to connect with mentors and influencers in your space
- How to monitor and maintain your personal brand so you stay on track in 2018
Additionally, you’ll get insider knowledge on creative, field-tested marketing strategies for growing your online following, so you stand out from the competition and establish yourself as an authority in your space.
By attending, you’ll leave with a clear strategy on how to develop a personal brand that authentically communicates who you are, opens doors for you and grows your business, so you can focus more time on doing what you were trained to do – improving the quality of life of your clients.
Who is it for?
Those in helping professions interested in getting new clients but without adopting pushy marketing techniques and ‘selling out.’
You might be a therapist, psychiatrist, life coach, or counsellor who wants to create an authentic personal brand that helps you stand out from the competition, and establishes you as a respected thought leader in your space.
WARNING: Although you do not need any expertise or previous experience in personal branding to attend, guests are expected to actually take action on this course.
Afterward, you’ll be assigned a mastermind group with fellow attendees who will provide support, keep you on track and ensure you follow through on your first assignments.
Please do not attend if you are not willing to commit to this.
Does it work?
If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and take action, absolutely! In fact, previous graduates have gone off to start their own little positive movements (e.g. Stephanie Slack is raising awareness on men's suicide).
This full-day bootcamp was created as a direct result of working with 50+ budding coaches over the last five years, who've expressed a clear desire for a full-day immersive experience:
“If social media gives you the heebie geebies, this workshop will take away the fear factor + show how you can make it help you in your efforts to find meaningful work.” - Sarah Tulej"Very practical tips on creating an attractive and authentic social media profile!" - Priyanka Pri-Pri
"It really gave me a new sense of hope about using social media!” - Francis Lewis
About the Instructor
Mark Leruste’s journey towards his dream career started when his video CV "A Dream Job Would Be Nice" went viral on YouTube and helped him land a position as country manager at the Movember Foundation. There, Mark raised €2.8 million for men’s health and inspired 110,000 fundraisers to sign up, winning multiple awards along the way. Four years into the job, Mark couldn’t ignore his entrepreneurial itch anymore and took the plunge to found The Unconventionalists, a coaching business, weekly podcast and web tv show, helping coaches find their voice, amplify their message and scale their impact.
His podcast The Unconventionalists is a weekly show about the ups and downs of the entrepreneurial journey featuring guests such as Chris Guillebeau, Noah Kagan, Sarah Knight, JP Sears, Rebecca Tracey, Daniel Priestley or the founders of TheMinimalists.com
Programme for the Day
- Module 1 - The power of personal branding: In this module we will explore the reason why building a personal brand is no longer an option but a necessity.
- Module 2 - The Authenticity Gap: In this module we will tackle head on one of the biggest misconceptions around building a personal brand. Spoiler alert, you can build a personal brand in a real and authentic way.
- Module 3 - The best social media platforms: In this module we will explore the top five social media platforms and you will identify which one works best for you.
- Module 4 - Build your tribe: In this module we will talk about the importance of building long lasting relationships with your audience and why building a personal brand is also about building powerful connections in your network.
- Module 5 - Your broadcasting channel: In this module we will explore what broadcasting channel you wish to experiment with. E.g. Podcasting, Blogging, Vlogging.
- Module 6 - The do’s and don’ts: In this module we will explore the various pitfalls to avoid on your journey of building a personal brand, so you can stand out from day one.
- Q&A session
Prerequisites & Preparation
- Please bring your laptop, a pen and paper, and watch Mark's popular TEDx talk on what it’s really like to quit your job and start your own business.
- You do not need to have any technical expertise or previous experience in personal branding to join this crash course
- Please bring a laptop, and note-taking materials as neither will be provided on the day